Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup - The Simple Way


From: I found this recipe over on AllRecipes.com.  I was looking for a simple home-made chicken noodle soup and I was REALLY pleased with this one.

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
1/2 pound chopped cooked chicken breast
1 1/2 cups egg noodles
1 cup sliced carrots
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste

How to: Just click here.

Side notes:

By accident, I confused the amounts for the chicken broth and the vegetable broth.  I added four cans of vegetable broth before realizing my mistake and then for the life of me couldn't find the massive can of chicken broth in the cupboard (despite the fact it was right in front of my face).  So to compensate I added a cup of water and half a packet of chicken flavoring from a Ramen noodles pack.  I actually love how it came out and I might do it that way next time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment