Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pasta with Wine and Mushrooms


From: This recipe came from the Pioneer Woman's cooking website.

Ingredients:

24 ounces, weight Thickly Sliced Mushrooms (baby Portobellos Are Best)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Kosher Salt (I used regular salt)
Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 whole Large Onion, Peeled And Sliced (I used half an onion, chopped)
1 cup Dry White Wine
3/4 cups Whiskey (Jack Daniels Is Good - but I don't keep whiskey in the house, so I used red wine)
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1 cup Heavy Cream
Salt And Pepper, to taste
12 ounces, weight Mostaciolli, Cooked Al Dente

How to:  Just click here.

Side notes: Serve this one with your favorite glass of wine and serve it on date night!  The sauce for my recipe never thickened...  I'm not sure why that is, but it tasted good, just the same.  Next time I might try thickening it in the pan with a little bit of arrow root powder (because it's tasteless).

No comments:

Post a Comment